CSX-SUCKS.com Tip Jar
This web site has been online since the summer of 2001.
Shortly after our debut, CSX served us with a cease and desist letter.
After refusing to shut down the site, CSX then filed suit against the web site (and it's webmaster!) in federal court.
After almost a full year of having that lawsuit hanging over us, we reached a settlement and, to put it kindly, we made an example out of CSX.
To be blunt, this web site has been a drain on my personal resources.
Every time work needs to be done and bills need to be paid to keep the site running, I have to remember when I was a CSX conductor and wished I had a place to tell it like it is, without fear of retaliation:
This web site is such a place. The bulletin boards and free email addresses give you a voice, without making you a target.
I am very grateful to the people who have donated to keep this site running.
Unfortunately, those donors represent less than 0.1% of this sites regular visitors:
Less than one in one thousand.
In the near future, I may be forced to pull the pin on this web site.
Despite beating CSX and their hot-shot lawyers, this site and it's webmaster need money to continue.
These are not good times for computer people.
My savings have been exhausted.
This site has been here to support you; now this site needs your support.
There are 9 ways to help keep this site moving:
- Buy a self-serve advert. Advertise to railroaders, their families,
wanna-bes and investors.
- Follow this link to Amazon and buy books, tools, videos, electronics; pretty much anything.
A small percentage of your total order will help keep this site alive.
- Buy a shirt or sweatshirt through CafePress. This site will make about $1-2 for each item sold.
- Make a donation through PayPal. I think you can do this with or without a paypal account.
- Make a recurring monthly subscription donation through PayPal.
Enter an amount and PayPal will make monthly payments.
I think you can do this with or without a paypal account.
- Send a check or money order. Address provided on request.
- Visit my wish list and
give a book as a gift.